Tuesday 12 June 2012

COLDPLAY!

Thought I should try something different, I thought about what I love a side from movies and I've decided this one should be on music and i shall do another at a later date on summer fashion and see what proves to be most popular of all three.

I have a wide knowledge and appreciation of music, I don't stick with one genre and I wont slate a whole genre of music because it isn't my favourite style, i look at each artist on their own.

This is a review of my favourite band of all time, with it being The year or the Jubilee and The London Olympics, I thought it would only be fair to be a British Band. Only fellow fans will know who I'm talking about when i say STARFISH! For those of you who aren't fans i am referring to Coldplay! Everyone will have herd at least one of their songs and the majority will have herd of them.

As I am a Coldplayer this overview may seem a little bias, but i can say i have looked very closely at all of their work and i have listen to all 5 albums and I will be honest and try and be constructive and say if I dislike something.

Info

Coldplay are a British band, they started out in the 90s, the band is made up of Johnny Buckland - Lead Guitarist, Guy Berryman - Bassist, Will Champion - Drummer, backing vocalist and other instruments and Last but not least Chris Martin - Lead Vocalist.
They were brought to Fame in 2000 with the Release of the Single 'Yellow'. They then released their debut album 'Parachutes'. Two years later they released their second album 'A Rush of Blood to the Head' this album won Album of the Year, The popular song 'The Scientist'(was my twitter name before mrbrightside) was on this album, the video for this song is amazing as it is a car crash in reverse, i love it. 2005 sought the release of their third album 'X&Y' was the best selling album worldwide this album had the well know track 'Fix You' on it. Their fourth album 'Viva La Vida or Death and all his friends' was also a great success, this album contains one of my all time favourite Coldplay songs 'Strawberry Swing' (it is hard to pic a favourite). In October Last year They released their 5 and latest album 'Mylo Xyloto' I got this for my Christmas and couldn't stop listening to it.
Coldplay have won numerous awards and are known for their great contributions to charity.

When I received Mylo Xyloto for Christmas i was over joyed I'm been waiting for it since I first herd 'Every teardrop is a Waterfall' in the summer of 2011, I was excited that after a long time Coldplay where back and by the sounds of things ready to have great success again, This particular song is very up beat and a summer festival kind of song, one that you can imagine everyone in a muddy field jumping and singing along to! Coldplay later that year Released the ever, ever so popular song 'Paradise' this a feel good song, with a great video of one Elephants difficult journey lol. The only criticism i have for this song, is no fault of Coldplays or Parlophone(Coldplays record Label), but one of the media and the public, I find the song a bit over played, its always on the radio and television programmes, but this is probably because it is such a great song. I really like the song 'Princess of China' this is performed with Rihanna, who i am also a major fan of, its a unusual yet incredible collaboration. I enjoy all of the tracks on this album, Charlie Brown which has also been released is a great piece, I have never been to sure but i think if i am correct it is very clever and creative to have what sounds like Charlie Brown talking on the track, this song is also an up beat party song! What that you can jump about mad to like Chris lol, but not all the song on the album are like this. The Song 'Up in flames' is a more mellow song that would be associated with Coldplay.
My overview of this album is that it is amazing i recommend you buy it!

I hope to get a tatoo when i'm 18 based around Coldplay!:)
I really wish i could of went to see Coldplay in Glasgow but I couldn't get tickets, I was going to go in Newcastle but for family reasons i couldn't make it, but if anyone has the chance to go, take it!!:)


Thank you for Reading i hope you enjoyed it!!

@mrbrightsidexox

https://twitter.com/#!/mrbrightsidexox <FOLLOW!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment